100 Mile Challenge

100 Mile Challenge
100 miles - 2 months!

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Challenge Jog 28 - THE FINISH LINE!!!!!!!!

With only three miles to go, I knew that I could finish my challenge today. Since I am a scrapbooker, my mom agreed to go with me to Franky Carter Park to take pictures of me crossing the finish line. :) YAY! Being the last few miles, my body was very very TIRED. My legs, especially my left leg, was tight and my knees are hurting. So, instead of being able to be consistant, I had to stop between miles to stretch. That is not a big deal though. I got it DONE!! And that is what counts!! :) :) :) :) :) 12:09 mins - 1 mile - j 12:51 mins - 1 mile - j 12:15 mins - 1 mile - j There were a few moments in that time that I thought I would have to hobble my way over the finish line, but somehow right at the end I got a small rush and was able to finish decently strong. However, my mom wasn't in a good position to take the picture I needed/wanted so we had to redo the "finish" a few times to get a shot somewhat close to what I was hoping for. The whole thing was oddly anti-climatic. I was picturing this huge rush of pride and joy and possible tears of accomplishment like you see in Olympic runners who win the Gold medal. But, that was not at all the case. Oh - well. I am still VERY proud of myself! I have never made a challenge like this for myself before and would have never imagined that I would. :) I still can't fully believe that I actually did it!!! And - 2 days early!!! :) :) :) YAY ME!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment