100 Mile Challenge

100 Mile Challenge
100 miles - 2 months!

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Halfway to "Lean"!!!

Two years ago when I started this blog, I did so to track my progress towards my ultimate goal of losing a total of 8% body fat. My first bod pod reading was astounding and really opened my eyes to the necessity of exercise not just watching your food when it comes to one’s health. To be really healthy you have to do both! I had thought I was golden because I was at my goal weight of 135 which I had worked hard to get to. Unfortunately, having less fat over all had not in any way increased the amount of muscle I had, so I was 29.7% fat. That is only .3% from being considered excessive fat!!! It was CRAZY! Well, it has been a long road during which I have jogged my first 5k, my first 10k, and completed a 100 mile challenge. All are things that not too long ago, I would not have imagined myself capable of doing. I am VERY happy to say that my efforts have been paying off. Last May my body fat was down to 27.9%. Last night, I got my third scan done. My body fat percentage has decreased another 1.9%!!! Officially at 26% body fat, I am exactly halfway to my original goal and am safely in the middle of the “moderately lean” category which is a good level for healthy living. I am hoping that it doesn’t take another two years to get down to the 22% I would really like to see, but it might. Either way, what I am doing is working. If I increased my strength training – which is my plan with my body exercises and working on my speed – then I just may be able to reach it a little faster. 

No comments:

Post a Comment