100 Mile Challenge

100 Mile Challenge
100 miles - 2 months!

Sunday, December 2, 2012

New Trail New Triumph!

I didn't realize until just now how long it has ben since I had posted. Despite my poor devotion to the blog, I am happy to report that I haven't totally abandoned my attempts to improve my health. In fact, this week I have worked out 5 times!! That's awesome right?! In October, I joined the YMCA and started trying out some of the classes they offer. I haven't been as consistant as I should be, but I do really like one of them. It is called Boypump and meets every Tuesday at 4:30pm. Basically, i is aerobics with barbells. Man, it kicks my butt! I also kind of like the 4:30pm Curcuit Training class on Wednesday nights. That time works really well for me because it is right on my way home after tutoring. This week, in addition to the two classes, I jogged in the park Monday and did the curcuit machines on my own Friday. But the major achievement of my week was this morning's jog with my boyfriend W and his Dad. His Dad is amazing. At almost 70 years old he has run 20 marathons and does the 5.25 mile trail he took us on for his "recovery" runs after big races. Today he was "slow" because he is recovering from foot surgery. Of course by "slow" he means my 12 or so minutes mile time which I worked very hard to get down to. I am SOO proud of myself! I've jogged a few times in the past few weeks, but I haven't made it past 2 miles. I had no idea that I would still be capable of 5.25. He refused to tell us how long the trail was, which was actually great because it allowed me not to stress or pysch myself out. Instead I just enjoyed the beauty of the trail, which lead through the Houton Polo Club (a place I didn't even know existed). The whole trip took 1 hour 20 minutes for me. I picked up my pace for the last half mile and was able to sprint the last few yards, which is amazing to me after the first 5 miles. :) I feel GREAT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment